Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Family in the 1940s

The decade of the 1940s was significant for many reasons, not the least of which was WWII. But there were other significant events that occurred in my family during that decade too. I've created scrapbook pages for some of these events over the years. In fact, I think I've created more scrapbook pages for 1940s events than for any other decade. Here is a video showcase of my pages (no audio)...
 


The 1940 Census provides us with much information about our families and the neighborhoods they lived in. I look forward to learning more about my extended family members as I come across them in the weeks and months to come.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appeared. I still would like to know about the 1940 Carnival because I can't find particulars.

      Delete
    2. and the video is gone again.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about the video, Kristin. I forgot to make it "public" after I uploaded it. It should be working now.

    The COG deadline is May 1st. The topic is "your family in the 1940 census" or if you don't have anyone to write about in the census you can write a synopsis of your family in the decade of the 1940s. You can submit your article here: http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_346.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have already written up several families from the 1940 census with more waiting in the wings. Because my folks stayed put in their Detroit houses once they got them, it's easy to find them. I am seeing them located in their communities with relatives close by for the first time. They were there, but I didn't SEE it before this census.

      Delete
  3. How do you do your gorgeous scrapbook pages? Are they digital?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    Yes, the scrapbook pages are digital. They were created using Photoshop Elements software. Most of them use digital scrapbook kits I got for free on the internet but some I created myself. Thank you for stopping by and for your very nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, Jasia! Each one is its own little work of art. What a great collection of remembrances you've created!

    ReplyDelete